Saturday, February 17, 2007

The first cab ride

Well, on the first day here, I was invited out to dinner at a Lebanese restaurant where eventhough the food and the company (4 Portuguese, one half venezuelan half german, 2 russians and an italian girl) weren't bad at all, there was hardly anything Lebanese at all. Except maybe for one of the waiters who currently owes me and one of the Portuguese a beer each for helping him do the math when "La Dolorosa" (the check) came.

But really, even the girl who danced for us was japanese. Now can you imagine a japanese girl with no hips at all, looking really really tanned, trying to do oriental dances?

After and that and a couple of bars in Roppongi, the night ended up inside a cab with me having to explain to the driver where I wanted to go:

Akebonobashi made onegai shimasu (please take me to Akebonobashi)
e quando virem a porta de casa não se esqueçam do koko de iidesu


And it worked!

No comments: