Saturday, February 17, 2007

intercontinental change, intraselfinental continuity

I arrived in Tokyo two days ago. And it feels like forever. And forever feels like yesterday.

I left my home country, family, friends and mainly the familiarity of all things that rest reassured and known and built into your heart mind lungs and emotional geography around 9 am on wednesday, 14th of February, just to land into a different mind set halfway around the world (and myself) to find that only two things stay the same, besides who I am: time -I landed and awoke into an almost opposite frame of thought, touch, language and gesture almost exactly at the same time I had departed the one that had informed me for most of my life, but arrived here just to find it was another day, another place, another "other"- and this busy tone my heart keeps playing each and every time anyone tries to phone in.

Saudade is where my heart lays (Metrô).

No comments: