Monday, February 19, 2007

First day at work


Well, I got at work today. Everything went quite as I hoped. Afterwards I got a phone call from the nicest ever Portuguese also working in Tokyo, inviting me to have lunch.



To my surprise, she shows up at my doorstep with her long time Japanese boss, who insisted on taking us out to lunch. So well, not only did I had VIP limousine treatment but also VIP lunch treatment and got to know places I'd probably enter just to take a sneak peek at the fabulous Tokyo view.

We had the most wonderful traditional Kyoto meal, similar to the one that the Emperor used to eat back when this city was the capital of Japan, composed of some of the best tofu, sashimi and miso soup, amongst other delicacies I've ever eaten. Top that with the fact the my friends boss knew the Chef (who cooked this special meal for us), and by the fact that we were served by maika (geisha apprentices). Afterwards we went for a cup of coffee and scrumptious green tea, rasberry and chestnut cake at the 36th floor Italian Lounge of one of the most fabulous hotels in Akasaka.

Now that's LIVING!

(this weekend he wants to take us to Disneyland - I think I may have found myself a japanese ojiisan (grandfather)

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

Just to let you know, I'll try to write all my comments in English.
Whereas in Lisbon or in Tokyo, "pendant" will always be "pendant"!!

(and now I'm praying that "nani" means comments or something like that, so that my wise and English words won't be lost in the globosphere ;)))

A whole lot of GIANT KISSES, Miss Japa!!

Anonymous said...

Eu n sou como a Rita. Fico-me pelo português;) Com uma ocasional palavra em japonês até pq ando a estudar, como prometido.

Achas q o teu avô n quer mais uma neta?;) Isso sim, é um jantar!:)Mas quem é essa mentora tão simpática? A amiga do pai? Ai, a DISNEY NO JAPAO DEVE SER QQ COISA;)

TIRA SASHIN! Já tens Kamera?

KISU!

Susana Lé said...

Estou a ver que a menina se está a divertir! Ca bommmm!!! :)))
Continua assim e quero saber tudinho eheheh

Jordan said...

Jappy Darling,

I think you should kick them out!!
Everybody should write in English!!!

Sinhó and Lé! You're such ignorants :P

Jappy I miss you alottttttttttttttttttttt!

Loads of Kisses :)))) (and loads and loads and loads :)))) )